Aromatherapy with Essential Oils in your Humidifier
The fact that smells have an impact on the physical and psychological state of man we have known since ancient times.
Even in the V millennium BC people were able to extract from plants fragrant substances.
The ancient Egyptians, Greeks, and Romans knew about the extraordinary properties of essential oils and widely used them. For example, the priests of Egypt often used essential oils not only for embalming but also treated nerve diseases with the help of these oils.
And in Ancient Babylon, aromatic oils were added to building materials, from which later the ancient builders built temples. Ancient Chinese often used essential oils in combination with massages and acupuncture.
Today, people are also actively using these volatile substances in everyday life.
They are added to masks and creams to enhance the effect, dissolve in the baths, apply to aromatherapy massages and even create special aromamedalons so that the favorite aroma accompanies a person even outside the home.
One of the proper ways to feel the pleasant effect of essential oil on yourself is to arrange a real aromatherapy session with the help of an air humidifier.
You can do it very simply: select the oil, the flavor of which you like, and add a few drops in the water for the humidifier.
After such a procedure, you are guaranteed a positive mood, good health, and wonderful working capacity!
Which oil to choose?
On the market, there is a vast amount of Essential oils. They differ in their effect on the human body and affect the emotional state of a person. Before you use aromatherapy, you should understand can you put essential oils in a humidifier or not.
Here are a few common oils:
Sweet Orange - has a disinfectant and anti-febrile properties stimulate the work of the heart and digestion. Besides, this oil stabilizes the mood, gives energy during apathy and depression, relieves stress and fatigue. Will help to cope with insomnia and anxiety.
- Basil - has a soothing, antispasmodic, antibacterial, antiseptic and antifungal action. The most effective antimicrobial effect of basil oil is manifested in combination with eucalyptus (so the effectiveness of the impact is increased by 20 times). This oil is excellent for mental overloads, migraines, insomnia, spasms of the intestines and stomach, difficulty digestion. Use with caution in pregnancy.
- Bergamot - has antipyretic, antiseptic, spasmolytic, antifungal action, stimulates appetite. It also strengthens imagination and creative thinking, raises the mood, relieves the feeling of fear.
- Eucalyptus - is a very powerful antiseptic, it has a disastrous effect on streptococci, causative agents of dysentery, staphylococcus, tuberculosis bacteria, repels mosquitoes. Widely used as a preventive against viral diseases (through air aromatization).
- Lemon - an excellent antibacterial agent can be used for herpes, chicken pox, influenza. It helps with a headache, promotes normalization of body temperature, and also rejuvenates the walls of blood vessels. Use with caution in pregnancy.
- Lavender - helps to relieve nervous tension, beneficially affects depression, panic attacks, hysteria, and melancholy. Very useful in irritability, aggression, fear, anxiety and excessive activity in children. Can not be used in the first five months of pregnancy.
Each of these oils can have a beneficial effect on your body. You just have to choose the one that you like most and enjoy aromatherapy right at home every day.